I love reading. I love writing. I love spelling words correctly. I love to go into a battle of wits well-armed with witty words. I read a quote today from Martha Brockenbrough that, "Bad grammar is the intellectual equivalent of spinach in your teeth." I confess that I am a grammar-and-spelling snob. I routinely competed in, and won, spelling bees in elementary school. I still remember one particular bee where I lost on the word "aquarium". I've never forgotten that, and whenever I feel inadequate, I remind myself that I can spell "aquarium" now. I was recently raving to a beloved and like-minded relative about the great literary qualities of Limony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Her response was positive, agreeing with me, for she too, appreciates "irony, wit, and good grammar!"
Having said that, I will quote another friend who wears a shirt that says, "Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!!"
Senin, 16 Januari 2006
Browse: Home
For The Love of Grammar
For The Love of Grammar
Tags:
About the Author
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
ads
ads
Video Widget
Recent post
Daftar Blog Saya
Recent news
Text Widget
Blogroll
Discussion
Powered by Blogger.
0 komentar: