Another Saturday night, another music biz party. It's almost enought to make you think I'm cool or hip or trendy or happenin', or something like that. Actually a couple of our dear friends were celebrating the release of Darby Hughes' new CD, "What Language Shall I Borrow?" Accompanying him was our great friend and brother and the coolest cat around, reknown upright bass player Roberto Miranda, who also has a CD. Our friend John played guitar and mandolin, and Tim did percussion, which included playing the cajon he had hand made for himself and for Roberto. The two did an amazing cajon duet. The crowd was in shock and awe. Darby sang a lot of old, ancient hymns that he arranged, and he gave a really great and interesting history of each. He also sang some beautiful songs he's written for his lovely wife. Darby's music is just too good to pass up, and I couldn't let an opportunity to introduce others to him and his music pass me by. His website is www.darbyhughes.com.
Powered by Blogger.
About the Author
0 komentar: