As I was laying in bed, there came an annoying number of rings at the doorbell. My husband had just gone into the shower, my dog was going crazy, and whoever was at my door would not tell me who they were despite my yelling at the top of my lungs. Neither would they just go away, so I eventually got out of my bed and peeped out the door. The roofing company we hired TWO YEARS AGO decided to deliver all the roofing materials to our house this morning WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE. So, half awake and talking through the screen door to the delivery guy, I said, "OK, whatever, just leave the stuff in front of our house, I guess."
Onto happier thoughts, David says in Psalm 27, "I would have lost heart unless I believed I would see the goodness of God in the land of the living." The ultimate goodness of God Christians will see in the land of the living is in Heaven, in the land God has prepared for His people. On earth, we see God's goodness every day, in nature, in loving relationships, His goodness is everywhere. We look forward to those special times when we will see His goodness so clearly, like during an upcoming trip, or a dinner with friends, and that keeps us going even through the tough times.
Now I will perambulate, survey, and walk through the neighborhood on this beautiful day, just because I can. To quote Amos Lee, "I go out walkin', in any season; It might be rainin', it might be freezin'. 'Aint got no reason, it's just so pleasin', I can't stop."
Rabu, 15 Maret 2006
Browse: Home
A Rude Awakening, Looking Forward, and Perambulating
A Rude Awakening, Looking Forward, and Perambulating
Tags:
About the Author
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
ads
ads
Video Widget
Recent post
Daftar Blog Saya
Recent news
Text Widget
Blogroll
Discussion
Powered by Blogger.
0 komentar: