I knew perfectly well what I was going to write. I was planning to pose some important questions, such as, "Are you thankful for the eyesight God has given you that allows you to read this blog?", and "Are you thankful for the chair your'e probably sitting on as you work on your computer?" "What about the friends youv'e made by reading their posts and commenting on their blogs? Are you thankful?" And then something happened that made it very hard for me to be a thankful person. I awoke to hear my very sedate little dog barking like crazy, because there were strange and completely unexpected men tearing the roof off my house. I called my husband and he came home immediately, and like any sensible person whose roof is being torn off (which sounds like elephants playing jump rope on the roof, accompanied by shovelfuls of old wood with rusty nails being thrown from the roof at irregular intervals), my guests-yes, we had overnight guests with us-and I packed up our dogs and went to the beach. Before it started raining at the beach, we walked along the boardwalk, then met some relatives for a nice lunch, and then we learned how to play dominoes as we sipped on some calming and refreshing chamomile tea. My little planned post on thankfulness became a lot harder to practice than to preach that day, but God does command us to be "thankful in all things" and consider the trials of life to be joyful--even when you only have half a roof and it's raining cats and dogs and you have guests and you don't understand all the rules for dominoes. "Consider it all joy . . . "
I do have my eyesight, and a chair at my computer, and I've been really encouraged meeting people through my blog.
Selasa, 21 Maret 2006
Browse: Home
Giving Thanks in the Raining Chaos
Giving Thanks in the Raining Chaos
Tags:
About the Author
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
ads
ads
Video Widget
Recent post
Daftar Blog Saya
Recent news
Text Widget
Blogroll
Discussion
Powered by Blogger.
0 komentar: