Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Selasa, 28 Maret 2006

Novels and a novel idea

13.29 - By Unknown 0

Many of my favorite novels are set in English countyside manors. However, this post has nothing to do with countryside manors (other than to say that many of my favorite novels are set in them), but has everything to do with manners. As I am sick and it is raining again (I think L.A. is having an identity crisis), I was watching a very informative and highly sophisticated show, Rolie Olie Polie, wherein the main characters took a video camera to the streets to capture good manners in action. Many of us who are reading this unassissted haven't heard much about good manners since our mothers tried to teach us some. However, as the idea of good manners in general was bouncing around in my brain, I realized that they are just as important for us to act on now as they were when we were younger. Sharing my toys is just as important. (I do have a lot of toys, and have been known to carry a case of dominoes or a miniature deck of cards in my purse expressly to share with the children in my life.) I also must share my time, my home, my dinners, clothes, books, etc., etc,. And say "please" and " thank you" and DO'NT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE! I still say my prayers daily, if not more. Who needs TV for "reality"? Real reality is right outside your door-are you kind to your neighbor? Are you careful where you park? Do you make a lot of noise late at night. Reality is inside your door. Do you say "please" and "thank you" to your husband and children? Do you let friends come over for a cup of tea or a nap? Reality is even closer than that. It's in your heart. Do you think kind thoughts? True, pure, honorable thoughts?
As the title of the show said, "Your'e a Polie delight when your'e Polie polite." It is important for people (and cartoons) of all ages to keep our good manner monitors in high gear.

Tags:
About the Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

0 komentar:

Recent news

Text Widget

Blogroll

Discussion

Powered by Blogger.
back to top