Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Kamis, 27 April 2006

A Life Not Wasted, or, Living my Dream Job

18.18 - By Unknown 0

Another day stuck at home watching TV. I just watched a new show where people try out their dream jobs for a week. This makes me think. What do I want out of life? What am I doing to acheive that? Well, I guess what I most want is as much variety as I can get. I so enjoy the jack-of-all-trades, been there, done that type of life, and the stories that come from it. So I have volunteered doing all sorts of odd, wacky, and sometimes even scary things for my church, and for the community, and for individuals. I had a steady day job that I enjoyed for 4 or 5 years, and then I decided to venture into the world of business for myself. I wanted to be my own boss, and set my own hours; so I became a dog walker. I made a mere pittance, but what I lacked in expendable cash, I more than made up for in fun and in the love of friends and family-and a few big dogs! I became known in the neighborhood, and I regularly saw and chatted with other people out for a walk with their dog. I got to go out for walks and see the leaves change color, and watch the kids play in the schoolyard. Now I only walk my own dog, but I still see and chat with those friends I made. What I have always been, and am more so now, is a companion and a traveling partner to my husband through the road of life. His job takes him to more than a few trade shows, and he takes me-the best one being a trade show in San Francisco that happened to be on my birthday, so on that day, while he was dutifully checking out all the latest and greatest in audio/visual gadgetry, I walked across the Goden Gate Bridge, rode a bike through Golden Gate Park, rowed a boat in the park, and then crossed town to Coit Tower for an amazing view of the city. Besides job-related travel, we do a lot of friend-and-family related travel. Wev'e been to Oregon, Florida, and Hawaii to see friends, and to Norther California, Texas, and Virginia to see family. This would be a dream job-traveling with someone I love to see people I love. But I get paid in time spent with loved ones, and in memories-and that's fine with me.
I see my job as just being the best I can be at whatever I am, and right now that is a daughter, a wife, a sister, aunt, friend, neighbor, a Christian and a blog writer.

Tags:
About the Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

0 komentar:

Recent news

Text Widget

Blogroll

Discussion

Powered by Blogger.
back to top