Have you seen that one person who automatically stood up in church during the closing song while everyone else was sitting? That was me Sunday. I thought we always stood up to sing. When I realized no one else was standing or had any intention to do so, I sat down with a red face and my tail between my legs. The nice guys sitting behind me clapped me on the shoulder, as if to say, "Don't worry, little one, wev'e all been there."
If youv'e been following my blogging, you know I made a Chinese New Year resolution. I resolved to be a better friend. I believe that no one is an island, and especially not within the Body of Christ. That's why God gave us all the "one anothers"-love one another, pray for one another, be kind, listen, be hospitable, be honest, give wise counsel, share your material and spiritual goods and gifts, edify, the list goes on and on. I've bought a book on Biblical friendships to stimulate my thinking and action in this area, but I've been trying to practice and apply these Biblical principles in my life since submitting my life to the Lord God of heaven and earth.
I make myself available to the newly married young neighbor, knowing the initial shock of being so young and married and in a new place, feeling totally alienated from your old life and friends, I do what I can to make some good friends living on an isolated island away from friends and family feel not so isolated, I seek to to encourage those who are sick, and I listen and commisserate with my friend over the hardships of scrapbooking and getting pictures printed in the right size and format. I also enjoy making my friends laugh at my ridiculous self, who stands up in church as everyone else is sitting.
Senin, 24 April 2006
Browse: Home
Funny me, my friends and my funny friends
Funny me, my friends and my funny friends
Tags:
About the Author
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
ads
ads
Video Widget
Recent post
Daftar Blog Saya
Recent news
Text Widget
Blogroll
Discussion
Powered by Blogger.
0 komentar: