Yesterday as I strolled along with my favorite furry companion, I saw some familiar feathered friends-western tanagers, bright yellow birds with red heads. I saw a herd, swarm, gaggle, bunch of them years ago while walking with my mom and a good friend. It was amazing to see all these bright birds amidst the brown hills and bare trees. I think they stop in SoCal for coffee on their way to South America. I found a picture of one on the net yesterday, but today I wanted to get the real thing-a picture of one with my own camera. So after walking the dog (not the yo-yo trick), and seeing a bunch of these birds in my neighborhood, I went home and got the camera and headed out on my mission. I re-traced my steps, and when that was fruitless (or, birdless), I crossed the street to the park, where I spent quite some time chasing after these birds, all to no avail. I might as well try to photograph Bigfoot. It was nice to be out anyway, paying close attention to the surroundings, appreciating the quiet broken only by the chirping of birds, and knowing that this is a day that the Lord has made, and I did rejoice in it.
Powered by Blogger.
About the Author
0 komentar: