Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Kamis, 27 Juli 2006

Jen and the justice system

20.09 - By Unknown 0

I've gotten summoned for jury duty. Not only do I not need to know much about the law, but I don't even need to know much English. Call me what you will, but if I am ever involved in a criminal court case, I want the 12 people deciding my fate to understand all the facts, and all the whos and whys and wherefores. I'd want my jury to speak English well. I'd want them, the people who will decide if I'll live in a jail cell, or pay a hefty fine, to understand all that is said.
I had jury duty last year. I had to get up early to drive to a train station so I could take a train into the city, where I'd have to get off and walk a mile before I got to the courthouse, where I got to sit around and wait for an hour. In those quiet times, you wonder, "Why, when I haven't done anything wrong, am I being forced to sit here and waste my day?"
My mind goes back to the day some thug stole my dad's bike. After the bike was recovered by the police, the thug who stole it was still loose, (probably stealing other people's bikes), and because of some law that I'm unfamiliar with, the police were holding my dad's bike. So my dad, who had done nothing wrong, was being punished by being unable to ride his bike because the bike was in jail while the thug who stole it was out running around.

Tags:
About the Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

0 komentar:

Recent news

Text Widget

Blogroll

Discussion

Powered by Blogger.
back to top