Jen is out to lunch--literally, so I'm taking this opportunity to make my voice heard. I'm Rufus, the family dog, and true master of the house. My life here at the M house is pretty adventurous. First, there's that 80 lb. monster of a dog, Luke. He belongs to Jen's parents. He's a guide dog breeder, and since he's all "intact", he's also a show dog. His granddog won best of show, and Luke is quite stunning himself, so he's proud as a peacock. He sure cuts a fine figure, but he's still running on empty, 2 cans short of a 6-pack, one brick shy of a load. In other words, the lights are on, but nobody's home, if you know what I mean.
Then there's Ginger, Jen's sister's dog from Bigfoot territory. Ginger is a dainty little Yorkie, much closer to my own size and completely unintimidating . . . especially with the little ponytail (dogtail?) in her hair.
Jen is pretty fun, but she wears me out, what with the long hikes and short walks, and the jogging beside her recumbent trike, the kayaking, Corvette rides, baths, and for some reason she and Mr. M are always throwing soft stuff near my feet as if they expect me to bring the stuff back to them. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING, DON'T THROW IT ACROSS THE ROOM AND EXPECT THE DOG TO GET IT FOR YOU!! GOSH!!!!
Also, Jen likes to have what they call kids over a lot. Sometimes they are nice and gentle, sometimes they hide my food all over the house, and sometimes they just plain wear me out, running around like chickens with their heads cut off, poking me, and yelling like Banshees.
Today, one of these kids gave me a bath. Then she and Jen chased after me with towels, trying to dry me off. Then I laid in the hammock with the kid and we read Peter Rabbit.
I think I hear Jen's car, so I'm just going to go lay on the couch and play innocent. Bye!!!
Rabu, 19 Juli 2006
Browse: Home
The dog gets a word in
The dog gets a word in
Tags:
About the Author
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
ads
ads
Video Widget
Recent post
Daftar Blog Saya
Recent news
Text Widget
Blogroll
Discussion
Powered by Blogger.
0 komentar: