Maybe it was just all the stuff weighing on my heart lately, but I did something I rarely do last night-I watched a horror movie; and even more weird, I actually enjoyed it-more than just enjoyed it. It seemed to me to be very allegorical of the spiritual battle that Christians fight throughout our lives. There was a very evil and headless henchman who was controlled and directed in his evil actions by a despicable overlord, who was bound to him by agreement. The evil and bloodthirsty henchman was only as evil as his commander allowed, actually commanded, him to be. The whole scenario reminded me of Satan and his minions on earth, sowing deception and lies to naive people at the bidding of the father of lies himself. I am reading Know the Truth by Bruce A. Milne, and seeing how diligent Christians must be in our pursuit of the truth, and how sincere in our love for it. Satan is active in going about seeking whom he can devour. How much more active must we be in not letting ourselves be devourable? Thanks be to our Good Shepherd that He keeps and protects His own, but we need to learn to recognize His voice, and follow only His sweet and tender commands.
Powered by Blogger.
About the Author
0 komentar: