Today I decided to go to one of my favorite hangs to chill out, max, just kick back-The Master's College. I had a book with me and pretended/tried to read; mostly, though, I was too distracted-pleasantly and purposely distracted-by the college kids. That's what I really went for-to people watch. To see what there was to see and hear what there was to hear. As I sat holding my book up, I remembered a favorite line from the TV series "Friends", where Joey is going to audition for the part of an 18-year-old. He pulls his pants low and his boxers high, to prove that he is in touch with the younger generation, and can play an 18-year-old. He attempts to make further proof that he can give the appearance of youth by repeatedly saying, "Yo, dawg.", and describing things as "whack." This is my feeling when I go to The College (which I frequently do, to hike, to eat, to shop, to read, to pray, and also to go for a walk). I never had the full college experience (just a couple of years at jr. college), so this is how I get to (pretend to) be 18 again.
Powered by Blogger.
About the Author
0 komentar: