Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Kamis, 14 Desember 2006

The most divisive name I know

15.33 - By Unknown 0

The 5 points. A lawyer. A Reformer. Jerry Springer? Mike Tyson? A political candidate? Jim Jones, David Koresh, 'Do' leader of Heaven's Gate, O.J. Simpson, Rodney King, Malcolm X., Martin Luther King, Charles Darwin. These are all divisive names, most, charismatic leaders who had followers aplenty, and dissenters, too. One name, not yet mentioned, though, has been tossed around a great deal ,and has been at the root of heated and ugly controversy among people who should be the last people to argue with each other in such an ugly, hitting-below-the-belt sort of way. The people doing the arguing, backbiting, and "devouring one another" are Christians, and their passions are not aroused so much by Christ (as they should be), but a lawyer named John Calvin. I have rarely heard his name unless it is in the context of some heated debate. Christians who identify themselves not primarily as Christians, but as Calvinists, seem as ready and willing to say, "I love and worship John Calvin", (if not more so), than to say, "I love and worship God the Father, the Great I Am." I acknowledge the man was a great thinker, and had inspiring religious thought. I'm just tired of arguments in the church and division among believers over this man's logic.

Tags:
About the Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

0 komentar:

Recent news

Text Widget

Blogroll

Discussion

Powered by Blogger.
back to top