The Old Testament is full of commands to examine ourselves, search our hearts, and consider our ways. Charles Dickens echoes the same sentiment in Our Mutual Friend, wherein he writes that he who does what he does carelessly cannot know what he is doing. Also, I'm sure my readers are all familiar with the famous quote of Shakespeare to be true to thine own self-obviously, you must know thine own self first. So, now that we've established that some great minds have shared with us the value of knowing ourselves, let us all tend to that task.
A friend of mine recently asked my why I started my blog. What was my motive? This caused me to look back and reflect on the past. I started, as you may know, completely by accident. So the real question is, "Why did I continue?" Why do I post? Much thought goes into my answer, especially since the answer to that question is different for many of the posts. Sometimes I post to encourage people. Sometimes I post to make people laugh. Sometimes to make people think. Algunos veces publico sólo practicar mi español. (To practice my Spanish.) Sometimes I post because I'm too lazy to put my thoughts into Spanish and write them in my journal, so I just post them on my English-speaking blog. I guess most of my posts are posted because I like to write. Writing helps me organize my thoughts. Then again, sometimes I post because I feel an obligation to my readers. I want to keep in touch with family and friends. I am spurred on by seeing that I have readers in Bahrain and Latvia (and "unknown countries"- I did'nt know there were any unknown countries left!), and I want to write to people in other countries. It's a learning experience for me, and motivates me to want to learn something of the other countries where I have readers.
When my friend asked me the simple question of why I started my blog, little did she know what a profound question that was. So, why did you start your blog, and why do you continue to post on it?
Senin, 08 Januari 2007
Browse: Home
How's your Heart?
How's your Heart?
Tags:
About the Author
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
ads
ads
Video Widget
Recent post
Daftar Blog Saya
Recent news
Text Widget
Blogroll
Discussion
Powered by Blogger.
0 komentar: