As I'm wearing a pair of socks labelled as "socks to stay home in", I'm obliged to stay at home today. I've been watching some very educational TV-the Style channel. First, I watched a show about a wedding planner. I repeatedly heard the phrases"I want everything to be perfect", "It's my day." Not once did the brides show any concern for their guests, exept when the guests were used as props so the couple would look popular in their wedding pictures. A friend recently shared with me that things that have a bad beginning tend to have a bad middle and a bad end. (Like Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events.) I recall my own wedding. Mr. M. and I wanted our home to be full of love and fellowship, looking to the interests of others as well as ourselves. This in mind, we wanted our new life to start off reflecting that desire. We had no wedding planner, no professional make-up artist, no walkie-talkies, no one to remind me to bring the wedding rings. My mom made the centerpeices. We wanted to have a big party with family and friends, and have good food and good fun. We didn't talk about "my day." It was our day-as much his day as mine, as well as a day for both families and friends; it was also their day.
Then I watched a show about a wardrobe intervention. Apparently you can be as grouchy and impatient as you want, and no one cares as long as your'e wearing nice clothes.
Oh, how different are Christians from the unbelieving world! So much selfishness and materialism . . . so little regard for holy institutions (one bride had her 5-year old son give her away!)
Rabu, 07 Februari 2007
Browse: Home
wedding warriors and outfit interventions
wedding warriors and outfit interventions
Tags:
About the Author
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
ads
ads
Video Widget
Recent post
Daftar Blog Saya
Recent news
Text Widget
Blogroll
Discussion
Powered by Blogger.
0 komentar: