Well, Mr. M. and I were talking last night, and wondering if the current social climate (where it's "cool" to go to church and talk about God), as evidenced in the many mega-churches, and the many, mini, Emergent churches, and the media and financial empires centered on one person teaching (sometimes Biblical) morality, is similar to the big Jesus Movement of the 1970s. Makes you wonder. AND it makes you wonder how hard it will be to discern if someone's really a Christian if everyone goes to church and talks about God. Hmmm . . . something to read up on. How will Christians stand out and be different if the majority is moral and church-going?
On a separate note, for the past year, I've been realizing that I'm getting older . . . and I'm glad. Almost nothing embarrasses me now; forgetting names and other facts, not being able to see or hear too well, is expected from me. This comes in handy when I forget a name, or answer to someone who is saying hello to their friend Sean. Also, no one snickers if I'm afraid of loosing my balance on a skateboard, or if I'm afraid of doing some crazy dive off a diving board like all the teenagers. I get to stay at home and read, and be quiet, without anyone accusing me of being a party-pooper. I get to drink tea. I get to knit without being labelled a nerd. I'm allowed to be scared of driving, and I get to say things like, "No wonder the young 'uns' heads are all scrambled."
Kamis, 05 April 2007
Browse: Home
This "Jesus freak" is getting old
This "Jesus freak" is getting old
Tags:
About the Author
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
ads
ads
Video Widget
Recent post
Daftar Blog Saya
Recent news
Text Widget
Blogroll
Discussion
Powered by Blogger.
0 komentar: